Sunday 25 January 2015

The Lake District my favourite place on earth.


Every year, it seems like forever, I travel up to the Lake District with my wife. We absolutely adore the place, come rain or shine, it's paradise on earth to us. As stated before on this blog, I am a fair weather fisherman. That being said, we usually visit the lakes during the summer. I don't know why, but I have never taken any fishing tackle in the past, this summer I intend to rectify that situation.

I am told there is lots of free fishing in the area, and good fishing to be had on some lakes for a very modest fee. Roll on the warm weather. Over the last year or so, my wife has become a dab hand on the landing net, and helps carry my gear, now that is what I call loyalty. What more could a man want, the Lakes, some good fishing and great company. Just add some great grub and some cool beer, I can live with that. 

2 comments:

  1. That picture is good to look at. You were quite high up, the view is majestic/
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Adam for your kind words. Yes very high to take a car, but it was too hot to walk. Drove up an old Forestry Commission track. Lucky I never damaged our car.

    Mitch

    ReplyDelete